The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) recognized the 2016 Family Physicians of the Year (recipients of the Reg L. Perkin Award) as part of Family Medicine Forum’s inaugural Awards Gala on Friday, November 11th.
Each year the CFPC honours 10 family physicians—one from each province—who provide exceptional care to patients, contribute to the well-being of their communities, conduct research in family medicine, and educate future generations of family doctors.
The CFPC’s 2016 Family Physicians of the Year are:
- Rodney Andrew, MD, CCFP, FCFP – Vancouver, BC
- Paul Humphries, MD, CCFP, FCFP – Spruce Grove, AB
- Antoinette Le Roux, MD, CCFP – Regina, SK
- Pravinsagar Mehta, MBCh, CCFP (COE), FCFP – Winnipeg, MB
- Merrilee Brown, MD, CCFP, FCFP – Port Perry, ON
- Marie Hayes, MD, CCFP – Sherbrooke, QC
- Samuel Daigle, MD, CCFP, FCFP – Bathurst, NB
- David Martell, MD, CCFP – Lunenburg, NS
- Garth Slysz, MD, CCFP – Charlottetown, PE
- Pauline Duke, MD, CCFP, FCFP – St. John’s, NL
Congratulations to our 2016 Family Physicians of the Year! For more information about our award recipients, please visit the Family Medicine Honour Roll website.