Every year at Family Medicine Forum (FMF) the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) recognizes outstanding students who have demonstrated a commitment to a career in family medicine with Medical Student Scholarships of $10,000 each. Each of Canada’s 17 medical schools nominates one student in their second-last year of undergraduate study for these scholarships.
The CFPC also awards one Indigenous Medical Student Scholarship to a top First Nations, Métis, or Inuit medical student in Canada who has shown an interest in or a commitment to a career in family medicine.
These scholarships were presented at FMF 2016 on Thursday, November 10th, following the keynote address by the Honourable Jane Philpott, federal Minister of Health.
Indigenous Medical Student Scholarship recipient:
- John Jeddore, Memorial University of Newfoundland
Medical Student Scholarship recipients:
- Krista Burton, University of British Columbia
- Danika Leung, University of Alberta
- Charlotte Breakey, University of Calgary
- Tingting Li, University of Saskatchewan
- Tharuna Abbu, University of Manitoba
- Jacob Matusinec, Western University
- Beth Jolley, McMaster University
- Tina Hu, University of Toronto
- Trevor Morey, Queen’s University
- Antony Theogene, University of Ottawa
- Mathieu Simard, University of Sherbrooke
- Julie Côté-Leclerc, University of Montreal
- Hiromi Tiserra, McGill University
- Solange Arsenault, Laval University
- Matthew To, Dalhousie University
- Erin FitzPatrick, Memorial University of Newfoundland
Congratulations to the CFPC’s 2016 scholarship recipients!