As you plan your time at Family Medicine Forum 2017, here are some terrific highlights to consider adding to your conference schedule.
Wednesday, November 8th:
- Join Dr. Gary Bloch for the Ian McWhinney Keynote Address at 8:00 a.m. A family physician in Toronto and a founding member of Health Providers Against Poverty, Dr. Bloch will discuss practical ways family doctors can address the social determinants of heath for patients and families.
- Attend the presentations of our research award recipients from 10:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., including a talk by the 2017 Family Medicine Researcher of the Year.
- Discuss emerging hot topics in family medicine education at the lively and interactive Teachers and Preceptors Knowledge Café and Lunch from 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Thursday, November 9th:
- Take in the Family Medicine Plenary at 8:00 a.m. with Dr. Joshua Tepper, a family physician in Toronto and the President and Chief Executive Officer of Health Quality Ontario. Learn about the science behind quality improvement and how we can create a culture of “quality first” in medicine.
- Engage with us at the Annual Meeting of Members from 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Learn the results of the Board of Directors electronic election, ask questions, and provide feedback.
- Connect with colleagues at the FMF Welcome Reception from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Friday, November 10th:
- Check out our many Networking Breakfasts starting at 7:00 a.m., including those of the Section of Communities of Practice in Family Medicine.
- Attend our final FMF Keynote Address at 8:00 a.m. to gain a better understanding of medical assistance in dying as Dr. Alain Naud shares insights from his experiences as a provider in Quebec.
- Keep up to date with the State of the College Address by Dr. David White and attend the President’s Installation