With so much to do and see at Family Medicine Forum 2018, here are some highlights to help you plan your time at the conference. Please note, for all ticketed events (*) the final day to purchase tickets is November 5th.
Wednesday, November 14th:
- 2018 Ian McWhinney Keynote Address: “A Call to Heal,” by Dr. Michael Kidd (8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.; MTCC South Building, Hall F/G)
- FMF Welcome Reception* hosted by the Section of Communities of Practice in Family Medicine in celebration of its 10th anniversary (5:15 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.; MTCC South Building, 800 Level Foyer; $20)
Thursday, November 15th:
- Keynote presentation: “The Happiness Equation,” by author Neil Pasricha (8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.; MTCC South Building, Hall F/G)
- CFPC Annual Meeting of Members (12:15 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.; MTCC South Building Room 718A)
- FMF Celebration (5:15 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.; MTCC South Building, 800 Level Foyer)
Friday, November 16th:
- Keynote presentation: “Equitable Health Care for First Nations Children,” by Dr. Cindy Blackstock; State of the College Address; and President’s Installation (8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.; MTCC South Building, Hall F/G)
- 2018 Awards Gala* (6:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., Beanfield Centre, $150)
- Student and Resident Social Evening* (7:00 p.m., Steam Whistle Brewing, $65)
Saturday, November 17th:
- Canada’s Walk With the Docs: Our annual fundraising walk in support of the Foundation for Advancing Family Medicine (7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.; meet at 6:30 a.m. at the registration desk on Level 600 of the MTCC South Building)
- Keynote presentation: “How Did You Do It? Team Subban’s Vision for Success,” by Karl Subban (1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.; MTCC South Building, Hall F/G)
- Convocation (5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.; MTCC South Building, Hall F/G)
- College Square: Visit us in the Exhibit Hall to meet College staff, learn about new continuing professional development resources, and engage in Mainpro+® demonstrations.
- Silent Auction: Bid on your favourite items at our showcase in the Exhibit Hall in support of the Foundation for Advancing Family Medicine. This year’s exciting auction catalogue includes beautiful jewellery, popular tech items, passes to fun tourist attractions, and tickets to fabulous shows!